Searching...
Thursday, May 7, 2015

A Lesson from the Olympic Games


My favorite time of year! I can't think of any TV programming I look forward to more than the Olympics... winter or summer. It's not so much any particular sport as my admiration for the athletes who have committed so much just to be there.

My heart goes out to those thousands who have worked just as hard and didn't make it. Their work ethic and dedication to the achievement of a goal that can never be taken from them. In the "real world" we all have to meet competition and nothing will contribute more to building our character and ability to meet competition than adherence to the Olympic work ethic.

Each of us has a particular talent which we must nurture. It may not lead to the Olympic Games, but just as important as the athlete's development and devotion to achievement, we should all strive to develop a similar work ethic to achieve the goals and objectives of our personal lives and basic life principles.

I've had the privilege of meeting and living with some young Olympians. "Back in the day", my wife and I had the privilege of having the Olympic Cycling Team stay at our home. When you have a bunch of young athletes who are grateful just to sleep on the floor, you don't mind if they eat twice as much as "normal" people! If these guys were a cross section of today's Olympians, and I'm sure they were, we can all be proud to support the Olympic cause.

My daughter married one of them. She has always had a good work ethic which is required by the demands of a serious cyclist. She developed a love for the sport and, after more than 30 years, is still an avid cyclist and still competes in cycling events. Today she is a certified professional Physical Trainer and Coach and is the standard by which physical conditioning can be measured. It's all built on her dedicated adherence to the Olympic tradition of excellence. (Hey, I'm her Dad and I have the right to brag!)

She also has that rare balanced awareness of her personal achievements and knowing who she is as a person. She is one of the biggest supporters of my book, "The Science of LIVING BETTER FOREVER" and, like so many others, has benefited from its unique approach to the science of building harmonious life experiences. In my opinion, it should be required reading for anyone searching for that extra ingredient that will lift them above the competition. (It is available in print form from Amazon or in an expanded E-book format from my website: www.livingbetterforever.com)

Whatever your particular skill or talent may be, when you adhere to the scientific principles revealed in my book, coupled with the dedicated commitment of Olympic principles of achievement, you will have triumphed over all competition. You will have won YOUR Olympic Game and not settled for anything less than GOLD!


Written by Davis Goss

Image from: http://maxcdn.thedesigninspiration.com

Thought for the day


The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!